AMINOpulse Product Breakdown
DYNAMIS AMINOpulse is a powerful amino acid supplement to add to your training arsenal to increase strength & endurance, speed recovery, reduce fatigue, and prevent muscle soreness. A year-round favourite of the DYNAMIS athlete team, AMINOpulse contains a blend of amino acids, herbs, vitamins, and minerals to maximize performance and build a lean physique.
Below is a detailed breakdown of the different ingredient complexes in AMINOpulse, what they do, and how they help you to achieve your next level.
mTORpulse (6:1:1 BCAA & Leucine Metabolite blend) contains:
- Calcium-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyrate (Calcium-HMB)
- BCAApulse contains the 3 Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs) Leucine, Isoleucine, and Valine as well as the Leucine metabolite HMB (ß-hydroxy ß-methylbutyrate). The BCAAs have a branched side chain which helps them play a major role in muscle growth, reducing muscle breakdown, and energy production during high intensity exercise. Although HMB is a metabolite of Leucine, it creates anabolic and anti-catabolic responses in the body through different pathways than Leucine, combining HMB with BCAAs creates a stronger anabolic and anti-catabolic response. mTORpulse in AMINOpulse works in 5 ways:
- Anticatabolism - Prevent muscle from being broken down. During high intensity exercise or exercise in a fasted state the demand for energy to fuel your body is extremely high, as a result the body tends to break down muscle tissue to turn it into an energy source for your muscles through a process called gluconeogenesis. The branched side chain on each of the branched chain amino acids allows them to easily bind to enzymes in muscle tissue and be converted into a usable energy source for your body (such as Acetyl-CoA). Supplementation with BCAAs prevents your body from breaking down your hard earned muscle because these amino acids "sacrifice themselves" and are converted into usable energy so your body doesn't have to break down muscle tissue. This makes BCAAs great for individuals who are involved in very high intensity exercise or low calorie diets who still want to maintain their muscle mass.
- Anabolic Stimulant - Stimulate muscle growth. Supplementation with BCAAs has been shown to increase signalling of mTOR (mammalian target of rapamycin) as well as p70s6k phosphorylation which signals your body to increase muscle protein synthesis and build muscle tissue. Leucine is one of the branched chain amino acids that is primarily responsible for this anabolic activity, human studies have shown that increasing the amount of Leucine above the other BCAAs increases muscle protein synthesis by up to 33% which is why we have formulated AMINOpulse with a 6:1:1 ratio of Leucine to Isoleucine and Valine.
- Stimulate Fat Burning - Burn more fat with BCAAs on board. Studies with athletes and non-exercising individuals has shown that a diet high in BCAAs as well as BCAA supplementation stimulate fat burning and the reduction of adipose (fat) tissue. Part of this is due to the increase in anabolic signalling for muscle growth which helps to maintain a positive nitrogen balance and "repartitions" nutrients that are ingested to be more favourable to muscle cells vs. fat cells. The other mechanism is by increasing the hormone Leptin which increases energy expenditure by the body (metabolism), suppresses appetite, and signals to the body that it has consumed enough energy.
- Reducing Muscle Soreness - Reduce post-workout muscle soreness. Because of the increase in anabolic signalling favourable to muscle tissue, supplementing with BCAAs helps to rebuild microtears that are caused by resistance training and high intensity exercise. Microtears in the muscle caused by exercise result in delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS) which is the typical post-workout soreness that occurs 1-2 days after exercising, BCAA supplementation rebuilds these microtears faster and helps reduce muscle soreness to maintain optimal performance even after an intense workout.
- Increases Anabolic Signalling through Multiple Pathways - While Leucine and BCAAs increase anabolic signalling through the P70s6k pathways to increase mTOR, human clinical research shows that HMB supplementation increases anabolic signalling through a different pathway than Leucine. HMB not only has been shown to increase strength and prevent catabolism like leucine, but it also increases anabolic signalling for a longer time after supplementation (up to 150 minutes) while Leucine causes a large spike in Akt anabolic signalling 30 minutes post-supplementation and drops off after 90 minutes. By keeping anabolic signalling active for a longer time after exercise and through multiple pathways, you ensure that your post workout shake as well as the meals after are being best utilized by the body to build muscle tissue.
- RECOVERpulse contains the amino acids L-Glutamine and Beta-Alanine to aid in intra-set recovery during exercise by increasing muscle carnosine to reduce lactic acid buildup as well as post-workout recovery and reducing muscle soreness.
- Increase Muscle Carnosine - Beta-Alanine is a non-essential amino acid that is the rate limiting factor in the synthesis of the dipeptide Carnosine. The increase of beta-Alanine concentration in the blood stream results in an increase in muscle Carnosine concentrations which helps to optimize the pH of your body and working muscles during exercise. When you exercise in bouts longer than 60 seconds Hydrogen (H+) ions are produced which creates a more acidic environment where the oxygen carrying capacity of your blood is reduced as well as the ability to create strong muscle contractions. When H+ concentrations increase, fatigue happens and you have to decrease exercise intensity, stop the set, or move to a lower weight. Beta-alanine helps to reduce the build up of H+ ions and therefore helps delay fatigue during exercise or sport so you can exercise harder and longer.
- Reduce Muscle Soreness & Strengthen Immune System - L-Glutamine is a conditionally essential amino acid that is required by the body during injury, illness, or extreme stress. During high intensity and high volume training (more than 5 days per week) glutamine can become depleted and supplementation can help reduce the risk of injury, maintain acid-base balance, and support the immune system to prevent sickness during heavy training periods.
PULSEsorption Technology (Ultra-Absorption Delivery Blend) contains:
- Magnesium Citrate
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin)
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine HCl)
- Vitamin B12 (Methylcobalamin)
- PULSEsorption Technology contains a blend of important vitamins and minerals which are required by the body to produce energy, build muscle, and optimize recovery.
- Vitamin & Mineral Support - Magnesium is one of the most deficient minerals in the majority of people and plays a major role in muscle contractions, hydration, and nerve impulses, ensuring you have enough magnesium is essential for optimal performance. The B-Vitamins are cofactors involved in energy production, cell growth, and are often depleted during exercise. Supplementing with B-Vitamins before and after exercise ensures you have enough B-Vitamins to give you energy during your workouts and also after exercise to help build and repair muscle cells.
- Increase Absorption - Naringin, is a flavonoid naturally occurring in citrus fruits that increases the intestinal absorption of certain compounds making them more effective, this helps increase the body's uptake of the amino acids in AMINOpulse so they are more effective than regular amino acids. Naringin also affects Cytochrome P450 enzyme which is responsible for breaking down caffeine and other stimulants and drugs, when AMINOpulse is stacked with a DYNAMIS product such as IGNITION xT or FUEL xRM the Naringin will slow the body's metabolism of the caffeine in both of these products so that you experience more energy that is longer lasting.
AMINOpulse is encapsulated in 2-piece Vegetable capsules that are naturally coloured white, this makes AMINOpulse an ideal amino acid supplement for Vegans and Vegetarians since it does not use gelatin like other capsule products. Since AMINOpulse is a capsule product it is also free of flavours, sweeteners, fillers, and colours which makes it a clean amino acid supplement that is ideal for someone who is on a restricted diet due to their health status or demands of sport/competition. By keeping a clean ingredient profile for all of the ingredients we minimize the amount of unwanted chemicals being ingested to ensure the cleanest product with the most amount of active ingredients that will benefit your performance and overall health.
Like all DYNAMIS products, AMINOpulse™ is a pre & post-workout amino acid supplement without gluten, soy, lactose, artificial flavours, artificial colours, artificial sweeteners, or GMOs. Achieve your next level with AMINOpulse by DYNAMIS, the cleaner, leaner amino acid for performance and recovery.
 Shimomura Y, et al. Nutraceutical effects of Branched Chain Amino Acids on skeletal muscle (2006) J. Nutr. February 2006 vol. 136 no. 2 529S-532S
 Qin LQ, et al. Higher branched-chain amino acid intake is associated with a lower prevalence of being overweight or obese in middle-aged East Asian and Western adults. (2011) J Nutr. Feb;141(2):249-54.
 Borgenvik M, Apró W, Blomstrand E. Intake of branched-chain amino acids influences the levels of MAFbx mRNA and MuRF-1 total protein in resting and exercising human muscle. (2012) Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. Mar 1;302(5):E510-21.
 Pasiakos SM et al. Leucine-enriched essential amino acid supplementation during moderate steady state exercise enhances postexercise muscle protein synthesis.(2011) Am J Clin Nutr. Sep;94(3):809-18.
 Mourier A et al. Combined effects of caloric restriction and branched-chain amino acid supplementation on body composition and exercise performance in elite wrestlers. (1997) Int J Sports Med. Jan;18(1):47-55.
 Durkalec-Michalski, Krzysztof, and Jan Jeszka. "The efficacy of a β-hydroxy-β-methylbutyrate supplementation on physical capacity, body composition and biochemical markers in elite rowers: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled crossover study." Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition 12.1 (2015): 1-11.