Start 2017 off right by saving on REFUEL s6k Grass-Fed Whey Isolate!
Lemon Herb Chicken & Rice
- 4 boneless chicken breast
- 2 Tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp of Italian spice ( we used club house)
- 1 cup of un cooked basmati rice
- Juice from one lemon
- 1/2 Tbsp of same Italian spice
- 2 1/2 cups of organic low sodium Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- 6- 10 organic carrots ( depending how big they are)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large deep frying pan melt your two table spoons of coconut oil, place chicken breast in pan and sprinkle top side with 1/2 tbsp of italian spice, cook for 2 min then flip onto other side and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 tbsp of italian spice, again cook for two min ( both sides should be a nice golden brown). Remove chicken from pan and set aside on a plate.
- Now in the same pan add your chicken broth, rice, lemon juice, and italian spice and stir. ( dont throw away the lemon once juiced save it and slice it to place on top).
- Next place your chicken breast on top of rice mixture, then sliced lemon on top of your chicken. Finally place your carrots around the chicken to create a kind of stop sign look ( refer to picture above)
- Place a lid on top bring broth to a boil then place on medium heat for 20 -25 min ( basically until all liquid is gone)
- Let sit off heat for 2 minutes then serve! Salt and Pepper to taste!
Enjoy this easy chicken dish with wonderful light flavour for a great summer dinner!
Jenny M., DYNAMIS Chef
Use code Jmfit at the checkout for 15% off your order