Super Greens Chicken Soup
Healthy recipe for super greens chicken soup with avocado, green pepper, spinach, kale, and jalapenos. This delicious recipe will help you get your green in with a lean source of protein!
- 1 carton of organic chicken broth
- 3 avocados
- 4 chicken breast
- 1 green pepper
- 2 cups of mixed power greens (kale, Spinach, etc)
- 1 jalapeno
- 1/2 purple onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp of Mrs. Dash original Blend
- Chop Chicken, onion, garlic, and jalapeño into small pieces
- In a large pot bring broth, chicken, onion,, jalapeño, and garlic to a boil then let simmer on low heat for 20 - 30 min ( you want your chicken cooked and able to be broken apart easily)
- In a blender add the broth from the chicken a cut up green pepper, the avocado, the power greens, and Mrs. Dash. Blend until smooth (make sure you take the stopper out of the top of the blender and cover with a towel, otherwise you may have a mess)
- Add the avocado blend to the chicken in the big pot and mix. Cook on low heat for another 10- 15 min to heat through
- Serve right away with salt and pepper to taste and even add a dollop of organic salsa! You can also crumble organic tortilla chips on top or use a few to dip in the soup!
Enjoy this power food packed dinner or lunch!